Sunday, January 11, 2009

There is no such thing as small change. . .


I have a painting in my family room that states that, 'there is no such thing as small change'. I am really feeling that this weekend as the fact that my parents will be moving to the Phoenix, AZ area this summer sinks in. I just ooze with depression when I think of this and all the things we do together and the way that our lives are intertwined here in Reno. I am sad that I will not boat this summer with my family, that I will not be able to drive ten minutes to my parents house to hang out while Jeramy works or to go there on Sundays for dinner, I will not be able to go to lunch with my mom and my sister, among other things that come to mind about every ten minutes. I know that this is good and will be good for all of us, I am having a terrible time admitting it. My sister and I will be here(until she leaves for school or some other adventure she comes up with), Garret will be at BYU and my parents will be in AZ with Derek, the new only child. Ahh weird.

In case you all were wondering it is a little over twelve hours in the car to Phoenix from Reno, just a little longer than the cabin trip. And yes I am constantly devising a way to move there, totally lame, but I am.

SO if any of you know anyone who lives there and knows good areas to live, for school, good ward, etc. let me know, my PARENTS (not me) need some contacts down there!

Oh the things this year will bring!

10 comments:

Sheri Willardson said...

Oh, I feel your pain. It is SOOO hard being away from family. I bet 2009 will bring some GOOD changes for you too. I have a few contacts down in Arizona-I'll have to get some info for you.

Iverson Family said...

Hailey...that is so sad. I know what you are feeling, we will be moving away from family this summer too! It is such a great thing having your mom right down the street and always available for baby sitting and lunch! I am in your shoes too! I totally feel your pain. Did your dad get a job transfer? They have been here forever:(

The Youngs said...

:(

It's so hard being away from family. Being in the military, we are kind of forced away from family most of the time. We just lucked out this go-around! Hopefully the adjustment period will go smoothly for you. HUGS!

As far as the Phoenix area goes... You could maybe talk to my dad, if you wanted to. He grew up in the Mesa area & most of his family still lives down there. He might know of the better places to live, etc.

Alisha said...

hailey. here i am. we live in Queen Creek. 1 hour drive south east of down town. you and email me or have your mom email me. both of jeff's side of the family live here so i know a lot of people in a lot of areas.
bummer about not being close to your mom though. i'd love it if you moved here:)

Heather said...

Oh Hailey, I'm sorry to hear that your family is moving. When I moved to Reno I went through a little "seperation anxiety" because I had always lived close to my family, but I have to say that I have gotten used to it.

I think being away from family has helped Ryon and I rely on each other more! And...having great friends around will help too!!

Freeman Family said...

I'm sorry! Let me know what we can do!! Sorry we don't know anyone in Arizona, Shelley moved back! Jenny does though!!

Anonymous said...

when we moved to iowa (for a week) i cried like a baby because i am very attached to my family so i know how you feel! i was crying on my honeymoon. poor bryson :)

Taneil said...

It is going to be a hard change! I am sad that your parents are moving too, they are such great people! They will be missed in the ward!

Josh and Kenna said...

I am so sad about your parents:( But on a happier note I am so excited for you guys to come visit! And of course we are having a Super Bowl party I already have they treats all planned out, you know me and my treats, there always more important than the actual meal! Oh and yes Luke turned one on Sunday!

Camille said...

I had no idea! We lived in Phoenix for three years and have a lot of friends down there still...we will have to chat.